Our Autumn 2023 newsletter is out now!
Our Autumn newsletter is kindly sponsored by our friends at VisionAid and is packed with information about what's coming up over the next three months, including our forthcoming Demo Day, our Christmas lunch, and the next instalment of our Art Beyond Vision courses!
Our quarterly newsletter has been sent out this week in a variety of accessible formats, along with our annual customer care survey and a book of raffle tickets for our Christmas Prize Draw. You can download a PDF copy of the newsletter here.
Please do take a few minutes to complete the survey if you can. It really helps us to improve our service to you. If you wish to complete the survey online, you may do so via the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/S9TBDD2
Our thanks go to our sponsor VisionAid who have placed a double-page advert in this quarter’s newsletter and will be joining us at Demo Day. Their kind sponsorship helps towards the costs of producing the newsletter.
Some highlights from the newsletter to make you aware of:
- Our next Demo Day, on Monday 6th November, at which we will be joined by VisionAid, RNIB, Healthwatch Wakefield, Citizens Advice Wakefield, and Yorkshire Cancer Community/Macmillan.
- Our next Art Beyond Vision course, which will be starting on Thursday 9th November, along with an accessible ceramics course in partnership with The Art House. There are spaces available on both courses but these are filling fast!
- Our Christmas Lunch, on Monday 4th December, which will be taking place at The Bridge Inn (formerly The Ruddy Duck). Please let us know if you’re planning to join us!
- Our next Living Well With Sight Loss course, which will be happening on 22nd and 29th January 2024.
- A survey about physical activity on behalf of our friends at Yorkshire Sport Foundation (for ease, the survey can be accessed here: https://yorkshire.sportsuite.co.uk/forms/view/6108).
Please note that our Ridings coffee morning schedule does change a little over the Christmas and New Year period. The last Ridings coffee morning of the year will be on Wednesday 15th November, returning on Wednesday 17th January. There will be no Younger Members Social Group in December. Our Horbury coffee morning is unchanged.
If you would like a book of raffle tickets, please contact the office on 01924 215555 and we will arrange for these to be sent out to you.